For those of you who know me well, you know that I LOVE the 4th of July. It is by far my favorite holiday. The weather is nice, I can sing patriotic tunes all day, and most of all, I love our family dinner and annual tradition of attending Stadium of Fire. It may be a little cheesy but I love it! My cousins and I always break out in song, as the theme song, "Stadium of Fire", blasts through Cougar Stadium. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the celebration this year. I was super sad! Luckily, my new home provided amble entertainment. The morning started off by picking up and shuttling in a few friends, getting ready for our beach adventures. Due to the convenient location of our beach cottage, we became the headquarters for the day. The day was beautiful! Boys and girls alike, minus Ali, soaked up the sun. Kelly, Peter and I enjoyed some boogey boarding, Kate and I practiced our Smashball skills and diverted ourselves with intriguing people watching!
Later, we jumped on our cruisers and headed to Huntington for a few BBQ's, it was a fun gathering of the OC's finest, Mormon style!
After the final BBQ, we migrated to the beach for a glorious display of fireworks! I have to admit that it always makes me a little sentimental! I love the 4th and although I wasn't where I normally love to be, it was definitely a day to remember!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I'm Proud to Be an American!
Posted by Mango at 5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
WHAT?!? I am fair skinned. I went! I soaked... kind of... when you get skin cancer I'll remind you how LOVELY your tan was!
Post a Comment