"The friend zone (or friendship zone) is a folk psychology concept found in many texts geared towards a male audience about "dating advice", or "seduction advice". In that case, that man would be mentally categorized as a "friend" rather than a lover, i.e. put into the friend zone." -Wikipedia 
All my life, I have surrounded myself by the most AMAZING friends, the majority being of the male race! I have never thought this to be odd or extraordinary, I just tend to get along well with members of the opposite sex much easier than those of my own. I love it because I fell like they are always up front and real with me. I was discussing my current dating situation with a friend (this time a girl) and realized that I am the queen of putting myself in the friend zone. I don't know how I do it, but I am unable to flirt with the guys that I like. I treat every guy as though he is a good buddy old pal! Yikes! I guess that was fine for awhile, but I think it is getting me into trouble. I have met some great new guys and I need my guy friends that is certain, but I don't know how to escape the immediate entry to...the "friend zone". (Dun Dun Dun) They say it only happens to men, but I would be a great subject for a sociological experiment on women in the "friend zone"!
Friday, July 11, 2008
The Friend Zone?
Posted by Mango at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love that you found the "friend zone" on wikipedia!! I miss you girl! I hope things are going well!!
Morgan! So great to hear from you. Hey I totally get that friend zone that was me always!! That is until I married my best friend. You never know which one of those friends might be more.
Keep in touch
Michelle
Post a Comment