Monday, January 21, 2008

No More Runner-Up


I am not really sure why I am writing this, but I felt the need to vent for a moment and decide to do it here. I mean that is the purpose of blogging, right? As of late, I have been feeling quite replaceable. I am not meaning this to be a pity party, but at times, life is a roller coaster of highs and lows. I am not even sure what it is and it is definitely no one's fault. I just feel as though in my friendships, family and relationships, I am not needed. I think that these feelings are coming because I have been reflecting a lot lately on my upcoming move and the changes that are on the horizon. I wish that I didn't feel this way, but I do. So I have made a decision, I am taking things into my own hands. I refuse to be the runner up!!!! I am done doing what everyone else wants and being satisfied as being just one of the crowd. I am a people pleaser and worry to much about everyone else. I am done feeling like I have to raise my hand to talk and be noticed. I am done being every guy's best friend, yet having continual bad luck in the dating scene. I decided that 2008 was going to be my year and I started out with a few uncharacteristic-like moves situations, but I am serious! I am a very caring, lively and fun-loving person. I deserve the best and I am not going to settle. I don't care if I am the only one that thinks this, but I can't be a space-filler or the eternal runner-up with those around me. Here is to 2008! I hope that this brings a lot of good times and crazy stories!

6 comments:

Molly said...

Morgs...I am sad that I had to be blog stalking to find out you had a blog! Very cute and I am glad I got to read what you are up to! Are you moving??

Jason Graham said...

Morgan, I know you for like 2 days but from what I can tell there is nothing "runner up" about you. Believe divine promises.

Laura said...

I just clapped out loud at reading this.

You are the #1 Morgan and no one can take your place--ESPECIALLY in my life. How many times have you saved my sanity? I shudder to think what I would do without you.

Jason is right (as usual)... there is nothing second place or runner up about you. AT ALL.

And I think it's awesome to see you take 2008 in your own hands! I'm excited for the stories and good times to come. Take calculated risks, invite the uncertainty into your life with open arms. Trust the Lord and try to love yourself as He does, and then watch the beauty of your life unfold.

Ok done. :) I just love you and want you to know how irreplaceable you are to me.

TQM.

Puglet

Melissa said...

So here I am looking at Tami's blog and see your name. I was super excited to see you and what you been up to. Then I see that I am on your link list and I didn't even know you had a blog. You should have let me know cause I love to see you and your adventures. I was jealous of your trip to NYC! I had a blast when we went in good ol high school--and how many people can say they were on TRL!!! Keep in touch girl!

The Mattinson's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Poelmans said...

I have an idea, move to LA, and all your worries will dissipate!