Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Career Opportunity...

I have decided to apply for a new job! Unfortunately for you, if I get it, I will be moving to Australia. I read this article online and I think I would be perfect.

Here is the job:
Island Caretaker-
The "island caretaker" will be expected to stroll the white sands, snorkel the reef, take care of "a few minor tasks" -- and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.

Requirements/Qualifications:

-Must be a good swimmer, excellent communicator and be able to speak and write English.

-"They'll also have to talk to media from time to time about what they're doing so they can't be too shy and they'll have to love the sea, the sun, the outdoors," said acting state Premier Paul Lucas.

I think that I can excell at all of the above!

Benefits/Compensation:

-The job pays 150,000 Australian dollars (105,000 US dollars) and includes free airfares from the home country to Hamilton Island on the
Great Barrier Reef.
-The successful applicant, who will stay rent-free in a three-bedroom beach home complete with plunge pool and golf buggy.

Wish me luck!!!! This sounds like my dream job!

http://http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/
lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028

2 comments:

Ali B. said...

Maybe you should just skip the resume part and send them the photo that you have across the top of your blog! I'd take one look at you and know you'd be perfect for the job! Plus, I don't think anyone will apply ;)! Good Luck... I'll come visit.

lisa midge said...

I heard about this job on the radio this morning! They also said that they received 200,000 applicants. . . . I wonder if there is a similiar one in another fabulous location.