That used to be my favorite song and last week it became my theme song. I had the privilege of cruising the Caribbean seas with three of my favorite boys in the world,Dr. Aaron Solen, Jared "Willy" Wilstead and Jared "Mockie" Mockler. Yes, ladies, you might be jealous, but who can blame you? Let me tell you it was quite the week! There is much to be told and many pics to display, so get comfortable and here we go!!!
The vacation started off as we all made our way to Miami. We thought we would start it off in style with a late night dinner at Denny's. From day one, Aaron and Willy enjoyed the close quarters and the easy opportunities for spooning!:) Sunday morning we boarded the ship we would call home, the Carnival Valor. We headed straight for the important stuff, the buffet. Mockie was able to get his ice cream, Aaron and Willy could get a little red meat, and they were happy! Little did I know, these things would be the most satisfying parts of the cruise for the boys! That night we met our amazing waiters, Kemchai and Oksana, who humored us all week in our crazy comments. Later that night, as the boys were trolling for some hotties, we decided to go into the club. It was a little empty since people were not quite intoxicated enough yet, but Aaron and I got our groove on for a bit. Most of the time we were staring at this 80 year old man thrusting his pelvis in unhealthy ways. It was so disturbing! But the ladies loved him and he was there, same disturbing dance moves, can you say, Chester the Molester?
Monday we went to the Bahamas, it was absolutely gorgeous!!!! We browsed the shops for a bit, I loved it! The crazy smells, taxis and people reminded me so much of Honduras and Belize and I couldn't help but smile! We had a hilarious taxi ride to the beach and spent the rest of the afternoon in Bahamian paradise. The water was so clear, warm and just like a dream. It was so relaxing.
Tuesday we had a ship day and we spent most of the day reading and tanning on the deck. It seemed as though the day would be uneventful, but that was not the case. First, I had the weirdest sensation in my lip and I thought maybe it was a little sunburned. By dinner, it was quite voluptuous. I honestly thought it was just the sun! The boys noticed and I know they were all just trying to hold themselves back because of my single Angelina lip! Don't worry it was just one. As the night progressed it only got worse. For the next few days, the swelling would go down during the day and then return bigger than ever at night and I would wake up looking like a botched collagen job! It was so funny!I still don't know what happened but it is better now! That night we went to karaoke and who knew it would be so funny! It was mostly entertaining watching Willy laugh harder than anyone I have ever seen as drunk men would sing their hearts out! Good times!
Wednesday we went to St. Thomas, V.I. We spent the morning exploring the little alley shops and soaking in the Caribbean lifestyle. We had booked an excursion that afternoon that would take us sailing and snorkeling. We met our driver at the appropriate time, got in and made our way to the boat. Once we got on the boat, they informed us that it was overbooked and since our party was one of the last to book we had to get off. I was a little sad,especially since I had been the "cruise director" and was the one responsible for the booking. But it worked out better than we could have expected. They refunded our money, took us to a smaller beach that was beautiful and paid for us to get snorkeling gear, chairs, an umbrella and drinks-FREE! It was so fun! We went snorkeling for awhile and loved it! The rest of the afternoon we spent either chillin at the beach or snorkeling. The people watching was incredible as well! All in all it was a great day!
Thursday was my favorite day! We ported in St. Maarten and met our excursion leader. We found out that we were the only four going on the kayaking trip. It was awesome. We pulled up to this breathtaking resort away from the typical "tourist" St. Maarten and immediately we all wanted to stay forever! We were set up with kayaks and a great tour guide, Steve. We spent the morning kayaking in crystal clear waters. We went into this little harbor as well. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. It was definitely the highlight. We all had our struggles falling in and getting back on but it was great. On the way back to the shore, Aaron and Willy had a little race and Steve turned to me in his thick accent and said, "Dem boys will be boys eh?" I think he was grateful that we were making it back in one piece! (Especially me-he was so afraid I couldn't handle it! I showed him!) As we reached the shore, Steve sighed relief, but did so a little too soon! I was riding a decent wave in and I looked over and saw Aaron and Willy were being carried in by this wave unexpectedly. Aaron's kayak got caught over Willy's and they took a nasty tumble. Right when I thought Willy was dead, I hear his gut laugh and realized he was okay! It was pretty funny after we knew everyone was alright. They got some pretty gnarly battle wounds from it though! They loved to reminisce about this moment for the rest of the trip! I wish I would have had my camera at that moment. The rest of the day was spent in downtown St. Maarten browsing and laying out at the beach. We did find a little French cafe and I was able to speak with a native for a little while as I was waiting for my crepe. I am a little rusty but it was so fun!
The last two days were ship days and it was so nice! We just laid out and read on the deck. We were hit with a few short sprinkles but Aaron and I soaked it as the other two ran for shelter. I love the rain! We played a little putt putt with our new southern friends (they were like 9), worked out in the gym, sang more karaoke, attended more shows, ate ate and ate! Our dinners had to be a highlight as well. From our waiters reactions to our awkward comments, to the excitement of the boys about the meat(insert grunt), each night we were laughing and having fun! I love those boys and had a great time with each of them!
We had an amazing time! I will remember the pineapple at midnight, our talks on the deck, Aaron's snoring:), "apple bottom jeans and the boots with the FUR", our amazing progression to becoming "indjuns", watching the teenage hookups on the ship, and gaining a perspective of what life would be like if woman became polygamists! ;) Ladies-if you need any insight into the heads of men, I would offer to help, but I don't think I learned anything that you will want to know! To A-dog, Willy and Mockie-thanks for letting me myself and keeping you from any crazy hookups! You're the best!





9 comments:
This was such a fun trip! I look at our pics like 5 times a day. I wish I was still there!
Nice pics! You will have to tell me all about it when you call home again.
oh, I am so jealous. Looks like fun!
Miss Morgan...I am so glad you found your way to my blog...cause then I could come and check up on you. It looks as though you had such a great time. And really, how lucky are you to go on a cruise! Fun, fun, fun!
YEA!! I love cruises!! It looks like it was a riot. How could it not be going along with 3 boys?? Nice work my friend. I am glad that you had such a great time. Those are gonna be some good memories for a long time! :)
Morgan, Morgan,
You know... You really don't have to lie to all of us... I already knew that when you went to Belize, you had plans to get Lip Injections... You told me it was cheaper there. I am sorry that they did such a bad job! JUST KIDDING! It looks like you guys had such a great time! I bet it was a great vacation from your crazy lifestyle you live in now... Oh wait... You live on the beach!
I love you!
What a fun trip. How did you manage to be the only girl with three boys...brave or perfect..I am not sure. I will be at Sunset beach June 28-July 5th. Let me know if you will be there for the holiday. Have you met Mike Cunningham yet??
"apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur..."
i am so jealous looking at these fotos! looks like a fantastic time. i think i foresee a cruise in my future...
5 weeks until i see you! yahoo!
Morgan! You look so awesome! What a hottie you are. I am glad to see you are out living life and having so much fun!
Michelle Ormond
Post a Comment